Free Eye Tests
Free eye tests are avilable to patients who meet the following criteria:-
- - Under 16 years of age, or 16-18 years in full time education.
- - Over 60 years of age.
- - You or your partner receive Income Support, Jobseekers Allowance or Pension Credit.
- - You receive Employment and Support Allowance.
- - You receive Tax Credit and are named on a valid NHS Tax Credit Exemption Certificate.
- - You are named on a valid HC2 certificate.
- - You are registered blind or partially sighted.
- - You suffer from diabetes/glucoma or are consdered at risk of glucoma by an ophthalmologist.
- - You are 40 or over and the parent/brother/sister/child of a person who has/had glucoma.
- - You have been prescribed complex lenses under the NHS optical voucher scheme.
For further information on FREE Eye Tests visit the NHS website.
Why should I get my eyes tested?
There are a number of common eye conditions that can be easily identified and corrected by visiting your optician. From Presbyopia (being unable to clearly see close objects or small print) that occurs naturally as we age, to more serious problems such as glucoma, cataracts and retinal disorders, it's worth taking your eye health seriously. More information on eye conditions.
Book an Eye Test
Call one of our practices to arrange a convenient time to have your eye examination.
It only takes 20-30 minutes, so don't put it off.
Tel. 01257 262 351
Tel. 01772 336 548